- How We Use Your Information: We process your personal information only with your consent or as needed to provide you Services. We may also use your personal information to comply with legal obligations, operate our business, protect our customers or vital or other public interests, or for other legitimate interests of CERESA as further described below. more
- How We Share Your Information: We share your information with our partners, service providers, contractors, agents and third party vendors as they need it to fulfill services you have requested of CERESA, and we restrict their use of the information to that purpose. We may share your information with your mentor or mentee. We may also share your information to comply with law or for other legitimate interests. more
- Accessing and Updating Your Information: You can access, get copies of, delete, change or correct your personal information, or request changes to our use of your personal information by using the contact information below. more
Information We Collect from You
In general, we receive and collect all information you provide via the Services, including by phone, email, web chat, or in other such ways. This includes personal information that can identify or relates to you, including but not limited to your first and last name, telephone number, IP, postal, and email addresses. We may also receive information about you from your coaches, mentors, or mentees, for example, as part of session notes submitted by your mentor to capture key discussion points for your mentoring sessions, or evaluations submitted by your coach to determine the best mentor or mentee for you. You have the choice on what information to share and the services you want to engage. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you access certain functionality of the Services, such as those mentioned above or for tracking your preferences, subscribing to a newsletter, or initiating other such actions.
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, partners and other independent third-party sources and will add it to our database of information. Examples of information we may receive include updated postal addresses and demographic information.
How We Use Your Information
More specifically, we may use your personal information:
- To improve the Services: We continually strive to improve the Services offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To personalize user experience: We may use your information to understand how you and our other users, as a group, use the Services and other resources we provided.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively develop the Services and respond to your support needs.
- To process transactions: We may use the information you provide about yourself when requesting a coach or mentor, or placing an order to fulfill such requests and orders. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the Services and related offerings.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide will be used to send information and updates pertaining to the Services. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If you opt in to our mailing list, you may receive emails that may include CERESA news, updates, related product or service information, and marketing material. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Share Your Information
We share your information with our partners, service providers, contractors, agents and third party vendors as they need it to fulfill Services, and we restrict their use of the information to that purpose. Please note that our partners may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate any use of the Services, or respond to a review you may submit.
We may share your information with mentors, mentees, and other such parties with whom you will interact through the Services.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, interests, or safety of our company or the Services, our customers, or others; or in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, we will attempt to notify you when your personal information will be shared with third parties.
Personal Information You Post in Public Areas. When you post a message in a CERESA forum, chat room, review, or customer feedback, the information you post may be accessible to other users of the Service and the public. If you post personal information anywhere on the Services that is accessible to other users or the public, you are advised that such personal information can be read, collected, used, or disseminated by others and could be used to send you unsolicited information or otherwise. Accordingly, you assume full responsibility for posting such information and agree that CERESA is not responsible in any way for personal information you choose to post in these public areas.
Non-Personal Information. We may publish, share, distribute, or disclose non-personal data, which may include personal information that has been aggregated with information from other users or otherwise de-identified in a manner that does not allow such data about you to be separated from the aggregate data and identified as originating from you, to third parties, including CERESA partners, sponsors, and advertisers. Such non-personal information may help CERESA identify and analyze training, demographic, and psychographic trends and information, and report to third parties how many people saw, visited, or clicked on certain content, areas of the Services, ads, or other materials. We may also use such data for research purposes, to show best practices in mentoring and the highest priority topics for aspiring women leaders.
How We Store and Secure Your Information
CERESA takes technological and organizational measures to protect your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure or modification. For example:
- we only allow encrypted traffic (HTTPS) to the Services
- all personal information is encrypted in transit and at rest
- all systems used to provide the Services are password protected
- all Services usage is restricted on a per-user basis on the principle of least privilege
We rely on AWS’ security program to protect personal information while stored in AWS’ controlled facilities. For more information on AWS’ security practices and processes, please see https://aws.amazon.com/security/.
CERESA complies with applicable data protection laws, including applicable security breach notification requirements.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
Additional Privacy Information
Data Transfer. Our databases are currently located in the United States. CERESA makes no claim that its Services is appropriate or lawful for use or access outside the United States. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information from your location to the United States. You are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations regarding online conduct and access to the Services. By sending us your information, you further consent to its storage within the United States.
Collection of Data from Children. The Services is not directed to children, and you may not use the Services or provide any personal information to CERESA if you are under the age of 13 or if you are not old enough to consent to the processing of your personal information in your country.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail us or write to us at the addresses below.
How to Contact Us. You can e-mail us at privacy@CERESA.com or write to us at CERESA, Inc., Attn: Privacy Dept., 701 Brazos Street, Suite 1600, Austin, TX., 78701.