– OPEN POSITION –
Sales Director | Austin, TX
At Ceresa, we’re dedicated to closing the global women’s leadership gap, leveraging mentorship and shared wisdom to get more women into positions of leadership, faster. As an early-stage, mission-driven organization, we’ve gained exciting traction already with companies ranging from Fortune 500s to startups to non-profits… and we’re poised for growth with strong funding and a supportive investor community.
Key to that growth is the continued addition of new business. This role will be focused on developing, pursuing and closing deals with SMBs and mid-market companies, with a focus on one or more of the following locations: Austin, NYC, Seattle, and San Francisco.
What we do.
Ceresa is designed to help women advance to leadership positions in the workplace through a research-based leadership program. The flagship 9-month Ceresa Leadership Accelerator combines structured curriculum, executive coaching, and high-impact external mentorship, delivered virtually via an easy-to-use digital platform.
This unique program has had incredible results in the first year of operating – with very high user satisfaction scores and impact on women’s careers. Going forward, in addition to deepening the 9-month program, Ceresa is building a more holistic career platform that will provide world-class support, programming, tools and access to experts in a personalized journey.
What you would do.
As a startup that is very much in growth mode, this role will be part of the Business Development team and work to identify and sell the Ceresa program and platform into SMBs and mid-market companies. At this stage, the role will be responsible for lead generation and nurturing/converting deals, with support from Marketing that will continue to grow as we mature. As a part of the foundational team, the potential for this role to help shape the business is significant. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop a strong pipeline of qualified opportunities in the small to medium business (SMB) market through prospecting & by leveraging networks.
- Manage multiple opportunities through the entire cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary, and serve as the primary customer contact for all adoption-related activities.
- Respond to and qualify leads interested in Ceresa to build pipeline across the mid-market segment.
- Execute a consultative sales approach with an average sales cycle of <2 months.
- Nurture deals from initial contact through to contract signature, using multiple communication channels (phone, email, marketing campaigns, face-to-face meetings).
- Develop strong relationships with potential and current referral sources.
- Approach each deal strategically, asking key questions to quickly qualify leads.
- Work within our CRM (HubSpot) to track deal information and details to provide visibility and support reporting needs.
- Leverage Ceresa’s substantial networks, senior leadership, and advisors as needed to find warm introductions and develop strategies for specific deals.
- Help develop a repeatable approach to SMB sales for the company.
- Contribute to the longer-term buildout of the Sales organization at Ceresa.
We are looking for someone who brings…
- 4-5 years of on-quota sales experience selling B2B solutions
- Proven record of being able to effectively source and efficiently close deals
- The ability to work with minimal oversight while maintaining strong communication with the team
- Creativity and true ownership of your work in a startup environment
- Willingness to be a team player, share opinions and thoughts, and be part of developing a repeatable approach to Ceresa Sales
- Experience selling into HR and People organizations
- Ability to leverage sales technologies effectively (HubSpot, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, a collaborative attitude, and ability to learn and adapt quickly based on results and feedback
- Resilience, flexibility and grit – to build something new in a fast-paced environment
A bit more about us.
At Ceresa, we’re building a company of intention… with a culture of family, learning, and outcomes. We’re committed to maximizing Ceresa’s impact AND creating space for our team members to grow and live joyful, meaningful, and healthy lives.
From the leaders we serve to our partners and team members, we’re fully committed to creating a vibrant, diverse, and supportive environment for all to thrive and be their authentic selves. Our employees enjoy generous paid time-off and holidays as well benefits including medical and dental insurance. When we’re not working hard to support aspiring women leaders, we like to have fun! From weekly taco lunches and meditations, to monthly team dinners, you’ll be sure to make great memories and learn alongside your team in and out of the office.
Interested? Please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.