– OPEN POSITION –
Sales Development Representative (SDR) | Austin, TX
At Ceresa, we’re dedicated to closing the global women’s leadership gap, leveraging mentorship and shared wisdom to get more women into positions of leadership, faster. As an early-stage, mission-driven organization, we’ve gained exciting traction already with companies ranging from Fortune 500 to start-up to non-profits… and we’re poised for growth with strong funding and a supportive investor community.
Key to that growth is the continued addition of new business. This role, based in Austin, TX, will be a key part of the lead generation effort that will help drive sales into new businesses.
What we do.
Ceresa is designed to help women advance to leadership positions in the workplace through a research-based leadership program. The flagship 9-month Ceresa Leadership Accelerator combines structured curriculum, executive coaching, and high-impact external mentorship, delivered virtually via an easy-to-use digital platform.
This unique program has had incredible results in the first year of operating – with very high user satisfaction scores and impact on women’s careers. Going forward, in addition to deepening the 9-month program, Ceresa is building a more holistic career platform that will provide world-class support, programming, tools and access to experts in a personalized journey.
What you would do.
As a startup that is very much in growth mode, this role will be part of the Business Development team. The focus is on gathering qualified leads from both inbound sources and through outbound prospecting. As a part of the foundational team, the potential for this role to help shape the business is significant. Responsibilities will include:
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and qualify opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
- Be responsible for educating and developing prospects leading to hand-off to sales teams
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts
- Cold call into prospects generated by variety of outside sources
- Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle
- Set appointments for Sales Directors when a lead reaches a qualified stage
- Nurture new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with us
- Drive attendance for webinars and live seminars, set meetings for conferences
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application
We are looking for someone who brings…
- 1+ year of successful experience in lead generation
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Demonstrated success in prospecting
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with CRM applications preferred
- A collaborative attitude and ability to learn and adapt quickly based on results and feedback
- Resilience, flexibility and grit – to build something new in a start-up environment
A bit more about us.
At Ceresa, we’re building a company of intention… with a culture of family, learning, and outcomes. We’re committed to maximizing Ceresa’s impact AND creating space for our team members to grow and live joyful, meaningful, and healthy lives.
From the leaders we serve to our partners and team members, we’re fully committed to creating a vibrant, diverse, and supportive environment for all to thrive and be their authentic selves. Our employees enjoy generous paid time-off and holidays as well benefits including medical and dental insurance. When we’re not working hard to support aspiring women leaders, we like to have fun! From weekly taco lunches and meditations, to monthly team dinners, you’ll be sure to make great memories and learn alongside your team in and out of the office.
Interested? Please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.