– OPEN POSITION –
Product Manager | Austin, TX
At Ceresa, we believe financial, geographic, and social constraints no longer need dictate career trajectory. We’re using technology to transform access to world-class leadership expertise and mentorship so individuals can take control of their professional development… and companies can unlock the full potential of their talent.
At the core of the Ceresa approach is an engaging digital platform that scales the intimacy and impact of 1:1 coaching and mentorship to an unbounded audience. As our first Product Manager, you’ll be instrumental in bringing this platform to life.
What we do.
Open and welcoming to all, Ceresa is designed to help women and other underrepresented communities advance to and thrive in leadership positions in the workplace. From the beginning, we’ve been research-based, leveraging academic studies, organizational research, and domain experts to ensure impact.
Going forward, we’re continuing to build on the 9-month program… AND we’re creating a revolutionary on-demand career management platform (think “the Peloton of leadership development”): access to the “best of the best” leadership development experts across content, programming, interactive tools, and more… all in a personalized, data-driven journey.
What you’d do.
In this critical role, reporting to the COO, you’ll partner closely the Exec, Curriculum, and Ops teams, aligning on the highest-priority challenges and opportunities, and working together to deliver a truly evangelist-creating experience. As Product Manager, you:
- Put our Members (Participants, Mentors, and Employers) first. You deeply understand and advocate for our Members’ needs, clearly articulating their challenges with empathy and clarity. With data, you define key user personas and align our business stakeholders and tech teams to drive key outcomes.
- Implicitly understand that solving problems for our users drives the success of our business. You translate user needs into actionable product requirements for usable, high-impact, and enjoyable product features/experiences that drive growth, engagement, and retention.
- Know our space inside and out. You are the internal expert on competitive or substitution offerings, and you help our organization understand where we’re leading, and where we have risk.
- Own the Product backlog. You’re laser-focused on understanding, quantifying, and prioritizing user challenges, and translating them into clear requirements. You scope and prioritize features that have the maximum impact for our members and our business.
- Partner with our Curriculum lead to create experiences that drive impact. You’ll partner closely with an expert in curriculum design / adult learning pedagogy: user needs will drive curriculum design and academic best practices will drive the translation of curriculum into engaging digital experiences.
- Deliver value consistently and often. You’re an expert at “getting things done” with a cross-functional team. You take an iterative, agile approach, regularly delivering measurable value to our users. You employ design thinking and an experimentation strategy to learn and iterate quickly.
- Employ “just enough” process to drive speed and quality. You understand and appreciate modern, agile process and tooling, and you employ them to drive quality and efficiency. With the team, you regularly evaluate / evolve our approach.
- Consider data the foundation of product. You know exactly what metrics to drive by helping our users, and you’re constantly measuring and iterating. You continuously collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative feedback to evolve the product. You’re supremely comfortable in Excel, and you’re likely very comfortable with SQL.
- Are an exceptional and proactive communicator (written and oral). You manage internal stakeholder expectations and input with aplomb, and you know when and how to engage team members to ensure the effective flow of information. Under your leadership, the organization clearly understands Product priorities and progress.
- An ownership mentality with deep commitment to delivering evangelist-creating experiences.
- A love for early-stage startups: the idea of “figuring it all out” is THRILLING to you. You’re excited to build a product – and a company – from the ground up. Uncertainty and ambiguity light a fire in your belly.
- Genuine enthusiasm and humility. You love the mission we’re on, and you approach your work with a positive, problem-solving attitude.
- An obligation to improve. You’re driven by a constant need to improve… improve our products, our processes, and ourselves. You have a growth mindset, and you’re always pushing to be better.
- Attention to detail. You sweat the small stuff, and you raise the team’s standards for quality.
- 4+ years in Product Management. You’ve earned your stripes, and you know what it takes to build excellent, engaging products.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience.
A bit more about us.
Ceresa is a mission-driven, for-profit company dedicated to transforming access to world-class leadership development. We have strong early funding and a world-class founding team, advisors and network of mentors who live our mission every day.
We’re building a company of intention, and we’re committed to maximizing Ceresa’s impact AND creating space for our team members to grow and live joyful, meaningful, and healthy lives. Our team enjoys generous paid time off and holidays, as well benefits including medical and dental insurance. When we’re not working hard to support aspiring leaders, we like to have fun! From weekly taco lunches and meditations to monthly team dinners, you’ll be sure to make great memories and learn alongside your team in and out of the office.
Ceresa is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested? Please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.