– OPEN POSITION –
Product Designer | Austin, TX
At Ceresa, we believe financial, geographic, and social constraints no longer need dictate career trajectory.We’re using technology to transform access to world-class leadership expertise and mentorship so individuals can take control of their professional development… and companies can unlock the full potential of their talent.
At the core of the Ceresa approach is an engaging digital platform that scales the intimacy and impact of 1:1 coaching and mentorship to an unbounded audience. As our first Product Designer, you’ll be instrumental in bringing this platform to life.
What we do.
Open and welcoming to all, Ceresa is designed to help women and other underrepresented communities advance to and thrive in leadership positions in the workplace. From the beginning, we’ve been research-based, leveraging academic studies, organizational research, and domain experts to ensure impact.
Going forward, we’re continuing to build on the 9-month program… AND we’re creating a revolutionary on-demand career management platform (think “the Peloton of leadership development”): access to the “best of the best” leadership development experts across content, programming, interactive tools, and more… all in an engaging, personalized, and data-driven journey.
What you’ll do.
In this critical role, reporting to the COO, you’ll be a core member of the Product (Programs + Curriculum + Digital Product) Team, partnering closely with the Exec and Ops teams, aligning on the highest-priority challenges and opportunities, and working together to deliver a truly evangelist-creating experience. As Product Designer, you’ll:
- Put our Members (Participants, Mentors, and Employers) first.
You deeply understand and advocate for our Members’ needs, articulating their challenges with empathy and clarity. You’ll partner with Product Management and Ops to dig into the challenges our members face.
- Collaborate to build evangelist-creating experiences.
You’ll work with stakeholders and the tech team to determine the best products to build… and you’ll work together to bring them to life.
- Design and iterate.
You’ll mock up solutions, test with members, refine what’s working, and quickly discard what’s not. You’re in love with the problem –not the solution — and you’ll keep iterating until it’s right.
- Share your work.
You’ll regularly present your ideas to your peers, engineers, and stakeholders (including senior leadership).
- Implicitly understand that solving problems for our users drives the success of our business.
You start with the user’s needs first, and you know that if we can create usable, high-impact, and enjoyable product features/experiences, we’ll drive growth, engagement, and retention.
- Partner with our Curriculum lead to create experiences that drive impact.
You’ll partner closely with experts in curriculum design / adult learning pedagogy: user needs will drive curriculum design and academic best practices will drive the translation of curriculum into engaging digital experiences.
- An ownership mentality with deep commitment to delivering evangelist-creating experiences. You are a champion of our members, and you do everything in your power to deliver on their needs.
- A genuine hunger for feedback. You know that it makes your designs better, and you recognize that each stakeholder has a unique perspective that should be heard and considered.
- A strategic mindset. You’re at home wireframing, whiteboard, and building information architecture. You love design systems and are comfortable working within them (and creating them).
- Attention to detail. You see the big picture, but you sweat the minutiae. You appreciate a great idea, but inconsistencies in products drive you crazy. You can’t help but be pixel-perfect.
- A love for early-stage startups: the idea of “figuring it all out” is THRILLING to you… you’re excited to build a product – and a company – from the ground up. Uncertainty and ambiguity light a fire in your belly.
- Genuine enthusiasm and humility. You love the mission we’re on, and you approach your work with a positive, problem-solving attitude.
- An obligation to improve. You’re driven by a constant need to improve… improve our products, our processes, and ourselves. You have a growth mindset, and you’re always pushing to be better.
- 2-5 years in Product Design, Experience Design, UI/UX Design, or similar.
- 2+ years of experience in a consumer product company or similar.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your user-centered designs across web and mobile applications.
- Wizardry in Sketch, proficiency in Adobe Create Suite, and experience with prototyping tools like InVision.
A bit more about us.
Ceresa is a mission-driven, for-profit company dedicated to transforming access to world-class leadership development. We have strong early funding and a world-class founding team, advisors and network of mentors who live our mission every day.
We’re building a company of intention, and we’re committed to maximizing Ceresa’s impact AND creating space for our team members to grow and live joyful, meaningful, and healthy lives. Our team enjoys generous paid time off and holidays, as well benefits including medical and dental insurance. When we’re not working hard to support aspiring leaders, we like to have fun! From weekly taco lunches and meditations to monthly team dinners, you’ll be sure to make great memories and learn alongside your team in and out of the office.
Ceresa is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested? Please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.