– OPEN POSITION –
Head of Curriculum | Austin, TX
At Ceresa, we believe financial, geographic, and social constraints no longer need dictate career trajectory. We’re using technology to transform access to world-class leadership expertise and mentorship so individuals can take control of their professional development… and companies can unlock the full potential of their talent.
Key to the Ceresa approach is an impact-oriented curriculum designed for busy, high-output leaders, ranging from first-time managers to executives. As the head of curriculum, you will be instrumental in shaping the impact we can collectively create, in our communities and around the world.
What we do.
Open and welcoming to all, Ceresa is designed to help women and other underrepresented communities advance to and thrive in leadership positions in the workplace. From the beginning, we’ve been research-based, leveraging academic studies, organizational research, and domain experts to ensure impact.
Going forward, we’re continuing to build on the 9-month program… AND we’re creating a revolutionary on-demand career management platform (think “the Peloton of leadership development”): access to the “best of the best” leadership development experts across content, programming, interactive tools, and more… all in a personalized, data-driven journey. Curriculum for the platform will include:
- High-impact Topics – informed by Ceresa research on top issues mentees seek to address, research on highest impact opportunities, gaps in the market place for world-class content.
- Varying Sources – Ceresa-created content and research, as well as curated from best practices and preferred institutions globally.
- Formats Designed for Impact – varying from short-form videos to live webinars, bite-size exercises to guided deep reflections, short quotes and statistics to in-depth research-articles. Format will be informed by research on impact, user preference and convenience.
- Personalized Journeys – the Ceresa curriculum will be delivered to individuals based on their professional and personal context – experience, current role, aspirations, objectives and challenges, priorities and preferences. Ceresa will leverage impact and satisfaction data from our community for different modules/content delivery to inform continuous improvement of content and recommendations/journeys delivered to members.
- Impact Assessment – assessing the impact of Ceresa’s work and offerings is critical to ensuring real value to our work, and being able to refine our curriculum over time.
What you’d do.
This is one of the most important positions at Ceresa, given the overall role of maximizing impact through selection and delivery of high impact content, targeted to our user base, delivered in accessible and engaging formats. In this critical role, you will:
- Design overall architecture of curriculum and timeline for development
- Conduct data-driven analysis to inform selection of content to maximize impact for different audiences at different career stages
- Source and evaluate existing academic, leadership, and business research
- Conduct and/or commission new research
- Source and recruit experts on core topics to create and deliver content
- Oversee creation of content and create some core pieces of content
- Deliver some key training and other curriculum components yourself (live and/or on-demand)
- Build and manage an Academic Advisory Board
- Inform how to track and measure impact over time, at individual and organizational level
- Partner with the Platform and Operations teams to bring the curriculum to life across our digital and in- person experiences, including adjusting curriculum and delivery in an agile fashion based on user feedback and data collection
- Build out broader Curriculum team over time
We are looking for someone who brings…
- Expertise in leadership development, curriculum, and/or professional education – ideally with related advanced degree field (e.g., neuroscience, behavioral psychology)
- Strong comfort in academic research, conducting research, and driving analysis
- Engaging communication style and experience delivering training
- 5-10 years leadership experience including building and/or leading a team
- Resilience, flexibility, and grit; the desire build something new in a startup environment
- Collaborative style to work with rest of leadership and product team to create incredible end user experience and impact
A bit more about us.
Ceresa is a mission-driven, for-profit company dedicated to transforming access to world-class leadership development. We have strong early funding and a world-class founding team, advisors and network of mentors who live our mission every day.
We’re building a company of intention, and we’re committed to maximizing Ceresa’s impact AND creating space for our team members to grow and live joyful, meaningful, and healthy lives. Our team enjoys generous paid time off and holidays, as well benefits including medical and dental insurance. When we’re not working hard to support aspiring leaders, we like to have fun! From weekly taco lunches and meditations to monthly team dinners, you’ll be sure to make great memories and learn alongside your team in and out of the office.
Ceresa is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested? Please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.