– OPEN POSITION –
Community Specialist | Austin, TX
At Ceresa, we believe financial, geographic, and social constraints no longer need dictate career trajectory.We’re using technology to transform access to truly transformative leadership development and mentorship so individuals can take control of their professional development… and companies can unlock the full potential of their talent. A mission-driven and for-profit company, we have strong early funding and a world-class founding team, advisors and network of mentors who live our mission every day.
The Ceresa Community Team is passionate about helping people, and they ensure that each Ceresa Member (Participant, Mentor, Employer) has a phenomenal end-to-end experience as they engage with our programs, platform, and community. Team members proactively and directly engage with our international community of members to create a refreshingly delightful experience, both when things go well… and when they don’t.
As Ceresa Community Specialist, you’d be a key member of this effort.
What we do.
Open and welcoming to all, Ceresa is designed to help women and other underrepresented communities advance to and thrive in leadership positions in the workplace. From the beginning, we’ve been research-based, leveraging academic studies, organizational research, and domain experts to ensure impact.
Going forward, we’re continuing to build on the 9-month program… AND we’re creating a revolutionary on-demand career management platform (think “the Peloton of leadership development”): access to the “best of the best” leadership development experts across content, programming, interactive tools, community, and more… all in an engaging, personalized, and data-driven journey.
What you’ll do.
In this critical role, you’ll be a core member of the Ceresa Community Team, partnering closely with the Product and Exec teams to support and engage our Ceresa Members. As Community Specialist, you’ll often be the first and primary point of interaction for our Members, and you’ll:
- Put our Members (Participants, Mentors, and Employers) first.
You deeply understand and advocate for our Members’ needs, articulating their challenges with empathy and clarity. You have a genuine connection with our Members, and you delight in delighting them.
- Successfully onboard new Members into Ceresa.
Working with the Programs team, you’ll ensure new Participants, Mentors, and Employers successfully navigate the onboarding process. This is their first real interaction with Ceresa, and you’ll have them raving to their friends and colleagues.
- Administer and report on key components of the Ceresa Leadership Accelerator.
You’ll manage key steps in the program to ensure each Member is moving through as prescribed. You’ll report to the broader team on key KPIs illustrating the health of the program. You’ll generate and deliver key engagement reports to Employers.
- Provide personal, omnichannel (email, chat, phone) support for our Members.
Things happen! What matters is how quickly and compassionately we can resolve them when we do. You feel a personal responsibility for our Members’ success, and you’ll do what it takes to make it right, including escalation as needed.
- Proactively share our Members’ perspectives.
As one of the people closest to our Members, you’ll be their voice to the organization, sharing successes and helping us continue to evolve to serve them to the best of our capacity.
- An ownership mentality with deep commitment to delivering evangelist-creating experiences. You are a champion of our members – you take ownership of issues and see them through.
- Genuine enthusiasm and humility. You love the mission we’re on, and you approach your work with a positive, problem-solving attitude. You create delight in every Member interaction, and you foster meaningful connections with our Community, helping them when then need it, and celebrating their successes.
- A data-driven mindset. You reinforce your hypotheses and anecdotes with data. You’re adept at clearly articulating what data we need and analyzing it once you have it.
- A love for early-stage startups: the idea of “figuring it all out” is THRILLING to you… you’re excited to build a product – and a company – from the ground up. Uncertainty and ambiguity light a fire in your belly, and you welcome change and the opportunity to influence the future of our organization.
- Attention to detail. You spot developing issues quickly before they escalate, and you expertly prioritize multiple concurrent tasks in a time-sensitive environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating via phone and chat with both internal and external customers.
- A strategic mindset. You are an innovative thinker with an ability to look for opportunities to optimize the Community team’s processes and operations.
- An obligation to improve. You’re driven by a constant need to improve… improve our products, our processes, and ourselves. You have a growth mindset, and you’re always pushing to be better.
- Ideally, experience with SaaS tools such as Intercom, SurveyMonkey, Office365, Trello, Hubspot or similar.
- 3-5 years professional experience, preferably in a Community Management, Marketing, Customer Service, or Operational capacity.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
A bit more about us.
We’re building a company of intention, and we’re committed to maximizing Ceresa’s impact AND creating space for our team members to grow and live joyful, meaningful, and healthy lives. Our team enjoys generous paid time off and holidays, as well benefits including medical and dental insurance. When we’re not working hard to support aspiring leaders, we like to have fun! From weekly taco lunches and meditations to monthly team dinners, you’ll be sure to make great memories and learn alongside your team in and out of the office.
Ceresa is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested? Please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.